Saturday, May 30, 2009

Were You a Blessing Today?

Were You a Blessing Today?

If not, why not?

Life is full of trials and tribulations. And someone somewhere needs your blessing upon their life today.

When life gets us down, we immediately turn to the “pity party” syndrome. Its part of life – and at some point – everyone experiences it. Even those who know it does nothing to alleviate the source of the “pity party,” they dive headfirst into the whole of despair.

Blessings come in many forms – a kind word, a surprise card in the mail, and in our more modern times - an email and website.

I was blessed today because I blessed others through two of these forms – a phone call and an email which led to my website www.nancycarey.com and my book My Sister My Hero Cathy Porter Ms. Wheelchair Maryland 2007.

Little did I know when I answered my phone and responded to an email that my blessing would lift them out of their “pity party.”

The blessing didn’t come from my outreach, but from life experiences recorded in My Sister My Hero Cathy Porter Ms. Wheelchair Maryland 2007. The phone call comforted a dear friend who recently lost her mother and the email comforted a new friend who is experiencing health issues. Cathy’s story was able to bring hope to these two special people.

So today – don’t let the sun go down without blessing someone. Make a phone call, mail a card or write an email – better yet, visit someone. OR, whatever form you need to release your blessings.

Blessings sent out never return void … they return HUGE dividends.

www.nancycarey.com
(c) Nancy Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment