Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Are YOU God's Angel?

God answers prayer, no doubt about it. And he answers prayer though people like you and me.

When we pray specifically, God answers specifically. He speaks to the heart of people who hold the answer; whether it be financial or help for a physical need.

Many people hear that still small voice to be the answer to prayer, but are too consumed with the almighty $$$ that they lose a blessing from God. They fear the loss of profit to bless another, or they fear the loss of “party” time to help another with a physical need.

God wants to bless his children. But we live in the “instant gratification” society that wants answer to pray NOW, in our time, not in God’s time.

I recently experienced the request for the NOW answer from God. As a first time author, I requested a blessing from a well-known author for sponsorship to a special training session to help my book reach the masses. I heard that still small voice tell me to email them with my story – and to tell it from my heart. And I obeyed. That was weeks ago, and yet - no response.

What did I learn from this delay?

First, everything happens for God’s glory and in His time. He told me to send the email, but he didn’t tell me when the response would come.

Second, I learned that not every successful author responds to email, even though their website says, “CONTACT US” and we will respond to your inquiry. I pray that success doesn’t stop me from hearing that still small voice to be a blessing – regardless of the cost!

Why is the response to my email so IMPORTANT?

My goal for writing My Sister My Hero Cathy Porter Ms. Wheelchair Maryland 2007 was to share Cathy’s story with the world. A story so special it has to reach the masses. But the book is not my final goal.

The final goal - a Lifetime TV Movie to show the world that Cathy Porter is touched by God. Although her life has been full of trails and tribulations, she has prevailed. If you think your life is bad, consider Cathy’s – cerebral palsy, stomach and bone cancer, arthritis, lymphedema, heart issues and most recently, colon cancer.

When the movie, My Sisters Keeper, was released, I knew I had to see it. And what an impact it had on my life. It touched the core of my heart, and instilled a drive in me to see Cathy’s story on the big screen. As a sister, and a daughter – the characters in the movie reached deep into the recesses of my heart and revealed forgotten memories.

Did I cry? You bet … all the way through the movie. The story line, the characters, the trials and triumphs of My Sisters Keeper confirmed my goal for the book. Cathy’s story must be told.
What I’ve learned from this adventure is I can’t do it alone. I need God in my corner to direct the path to the movie. Although I want it to happen NOW, God sees the BIG picture and knows the perfect time for My Sister My Hero Cathy Porter Ms. Wheelchair Maryland 2007 to reach the BIG screen.

As a first time author, I’ve been blessed! But I know God has plans for my life – plans to bless me in more ways than just financial. Plans to use my hands to bless the world with stories of hope and encouragement. And, He will send his ANGEL to answer my prayer in his time!!!

Never give up on your dreams – be assured that God hears your prayers. The longer you wait, the better the reward!!! I see a HUGE reward ahead – not for me, but for all who read the book and, eventually, see the movie. Yes, Cathy is touched by God. And I am proud to call her my sister!!!

Are you God’s Angel?

If God has spoken to your heart to GIVE to another without regard of return on investment – obey!!! As he uses YOU to be a blessing, he will also BLESS your life by sending an ANGEL to answer your prayers!
Writing this story has reminded me TO OBEY his still small voice when he directs me to be an answer to prayer!

© Nancy Carey
Author: My Sister My Hero Cathy Porter Ms. Wheelchair Maryland 2007
http://www.nancycarey.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment